Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The T.T.'s (now P.P.'s) Year in Review

I suppose this is a bit overdue. Hey! I've been busy trying to become a productive member of society ;)

Looking over my running log I, too, am proud of all that we have achieved this year. Apparently, I decided that keeping track of my running in April, May, and June was too much of a hassle (and those where the best months!). Here are my prized accomplishments this year:

1) keeping up with the Pacemaker and Sixpack Chopra on our timed sprints - who knew I could run a 7:20 mile??? I haven't done that since 6th grade!!!
2) running 12 miles!!!!!!! holy crappoli. I am the girl that always claimed I only ran when someone chased me! Only drawback: chafing! Yikes.
3) running and finishing MY FIRST RACE EVER!!! 12k schmelv-k. It felt amazing.
4) keeping up with my running. I lapsed briefly when I first got to Texas (the pool, damn it, the pool is to blame! and those pesky vodka tonics in the blazing Texas sun at 1 in the afternoon. but I digress). I have been running regularly now for an entire year and not just the usual 3 milers.

Here are my stats for the 8 months of running I managed to record to some degree:

Total Miles: approx. 300 - (I estimate it to be probably closer to 400 for the 3 missing months)
Total Time: 34:38:30
Best Time: 8:10 mi during a 2.5 mile run
Best Time for Longer Distance: 8 miles at an average of 8:30/mi last Feb.
Worst Time: 10:00 mi on a 3 mile run

Anywho, my goals for the new year include:

1) keeping up with running, even when I am a big stressball
2) running and completing a half-marathon
3) training for a marathon

With my spiffy new running accoutrement (this snappy ironman watch keeps track of up to 50 laps and my splits - why isn't it called ironwoman???)
and my awesome new shoes - feelin' no pain in the knees!
I am well on my way to achieving my goals. Now all I have to do is buy this new fandangled Nike+iPod so I can kick your asses ;) Did you miss me? I am also toying with getting a Shuffle - they are soooo small and lugging around this video ipod is slowing me down (at least that is what I tell myself). Does Nike+iPod work with the new shuffle too? I must investigate.

As for my drinking year in review, I would have to say that many an easy-pour gallon jug of Shmirnoff have fallen prey to my insatiable thirst. I believe that I single-handedly help support the Russian economy. Oh, speaking of Vodka - you MUST try this Polish vodka called Buffalo or something similar. It has blades of grass infusing in it. Tasty. Tastes like lemon.

So, all in all, I would say that it has been an excellent year for running and if we make our regular offerings to Sixpack Chopra, I am sure that 2007 will be even better. When is B2B again? I feel the need to represent. I have to file my diss. in person by May 18th and graduation is May 11th, sooo... don't count me out just yet. (That means lots of travelling, especially if I am gonna make it to London for the nuptials!!!!)

Yay to us! And Yay to Don's entire family!!!!

3 comments:

Sixpack Chopra said...

She's so fancy with her new watch and her new shoes. I'll bet she's the envy of all the other wives! Congrats on the new kicks. I'm sure you are Rocking the Casbah in 'em. Keep up the great work! How is training for the half marathon coming along?

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

Half marathon, you say? Therein lies the rub, does it not? That is still fuzzy right now. After campus visits and whatnot I will be able to focus on a definite and specific race. Right now I am a mess.

dr. deetschei said...

Oooh, so there are campus visits scheduled? HOW EXCITING!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!
By the by, I don't think the Nike + Ipod works with the shuffle. I'm pretty sure you need a display for it to function well, because there are various menus and sub-menus. BUT, you guys are staring down the barrel of being a two-income family, and the nano is only 150 now, so i would say- just get the smallest nano available. and before ben asks, my answer is:

yes. yes, i do think money grows on trees.;)

CONGRATS!