Saturday, January 20, 2007

T minus 24hour

It's 24 hours and 34 minutes until the gun for the race tomorrow. I'm ready psyched and can't wait to get there. I actually didn't sleep well last night dreaming that I was going to miss my plane because I had read my watch wrong (those who know me, know I look at my watch at least 10 times an hour) and was going to miss the last boarding call. So, I will try to get some rest tonight. Although I'm not incredibly concerned as studies have shown that only extreme sleep deprivation has an impact on running times.
I'm going to sign up today to run with the 4:15 pace group and I'll give that a whirl. If for some reason I can't keep up I can always slow down and maybe meet up with the 4:30 pace group, but what I'm really hoping is that at mile 20 I'll find the 4:15 group too slow and I'll burst ahead in a ball of flames and scorch the finish line.
I'll be sure to post ASAP and let everyone know how I fared, in the meantime you can follow "unofficial" results at: www.carlsbadmarathon.com

This just in: "athletes consume more alcohol than non-athletes. Moderate to large intakes may promote weight loss due to its substitution for carbohydrate..." From Eating for Endurance. I think we are on to something here.

Peace

2 comments:

Sandi F. Patti said...

Run, O Holy One, Run!! My thoughts and adrenaline are with you. Feed on them if you need 'em!!

dr. deetschei said...

You can do it!!!! I am SO hungover right now its unbelievable. I think I drank a marathon for you.