Monday, January 29, 2007

Post-Race Run

Went out today with Jenn and Mike from the German Department. It was the first meeting of what will soon be Drunkrunners Berkeley. We headed out to do a 2 mile run and decided at the one mile marker that none of us had run far enough. So, we stretched it out to 3 miles, and I have to say it was a nice run. It was relaxing and invigorating to get back on the road. All info I have read has recommended a few weeks off after a Marathon, and absolutely no running during the first 7 days after race. Today being day 7, I thought it was time.
We did well, without pushing ourselves. total run time was 26 and some change. Not bad. My knee is still nagging a little bit. I'm going to go see the doctor this week, just in case I need to visit my new best friend Mel -- My PT that got me back on track -- and do some more therapy. I'll see what they have to say.
I'm thinking the next marathon will be the San Francisco Marathon. Before then the Bay to Breakers and a couple of 10Ks. There's another Angel Island race coming up that I think I'm going to do. That one was a lot of fun.

Week in Review:

Miles: 3

Time: 26:50

Average: 8:51

Overall Impression: Thank God I'm Not Needing A Knee Brace After That Race (TGINNAKBATR)

No comments: