Monday, January 08, 2007

Drinking for Three, Running for One

In lieu of Don's condition I, too, have decided to offer up my liver. I was probably drinking enough for him before anyways.

Onto last weeks runs. I set the new goal of putting in 20 miles a week. I am not currently training for anything, so the times are really just a pride thing. This week I managed to log 16.3, but couldn't finish the last 4 due to a foot injury. Dayton suggested it might be related to a pronation problem. Having surfed the web, I am inclined to say it is a result of supination (under pronation) resulting from placing more pressure on the outside of my foot when I run. Grrrr! I hope it is not due to the new "kicks," but I am hard-pressed to identify any other cause. I can walk on the ball of my foot just fine, but when I put pressure on the rest of my foot, I get a shooting pain up my ankle and into my heel. Alack, alas. I ran three days, ending with a 7 mi. run with a good average time of 8:53 for that run.

Distance: 16.3
Time: 2:25:07
Average Time/Mi: 8:54
Overall Impression: Still hanging in there but really wish my foot didn't hurt (SHITBRWMFDH)

Oh, for those who are not in possession of the the Nike+ipod and have very poor math skills like myself, here is an EXCELLENT pace calculator.

1 comment:

Sixpack Chopra said...

Awesome run!!! You are doing great. You can totally do the Bay to Breakers! It's the 21st of May and is perfect timing for you to turn in the diss and be here for the race.