Friday, January 12, 2007

Help being offered

Forest, first a few questions.

Are you running 5 miles everytime you go out?

Are you pushing yourself everytime you go out and run, or do you occasionally just go for a jog?

Some advice:
You should be making sure there is one long run of the week. If 5 miles is it, then great. During this run, your only goal right now, should be to finish it. Trust me, when I run 20 miles, I check my pace at the end, not during it. The key is to put the miles on, not to win the race on your long run. If it's a little slower, don't worry too much.

Make sure you are continuing to eat your carbs and good stuff. Rest two days a week. And mostly, don't worry about your time if you are able to do the distance.

Any other suggestions folks?

2 comments:

tomodachi said...

yeah, i agree with the almighty Sixpack. some of your runs (for now the shorter ones) should be for "time" and others should be for distance.

my suggestion? perhaps you should leave your watch at home for the weekly "distance" runs (for the time being) so that at the end of the run you can feel good about having completed it, regardless of how long it took.

you are doing just fine and are well on track to do the marathon.

if it's okay with you, i'll get your address from Sixpack and send you my running playlist for an added boost. that way, especially on the distance runs, you can just get into a fun, upbeat mix of music and forget about the madness of what you are doing...

Clyde S. Dale said...

J.J. Chan, I would appreciate that very much. I'm going to a friends to change my play list this weekend. but mine will be mostly country I'm sure. It would be nice to have a variety.