Wednesday, January 03, 2007

First run of the

I got up at the butt crack of 8:00 a.m. on new years day after a night of over indulgence and headed to Middleton for the new years day dash. A five mile computer timed event, the first of the year, hell the first of my life. It was a balmy 41degrees with twenty mile an hour winds and the sun was a shinin. A beautiful day for a run.
I was a little tight to start but everything came around for me, I finished in 48min 14sec, with a pace of 9min 38sec a personal best for me. But I was out classed the whole way I came 152ND out of 284. but on a positive note My last mile was an 8min 57sec another personal. I ran right from the finish line to the bar and washed the race down with beer and yes sixpack chopra it was a stout.

My goals for the year:

Simply keep up the training and finish the Mad City Marathon. I have signed up to be a charity runner for the American Cancer Society. With only a 1,000 $ in donations they'll give me free training, what a bargain. Oh and the use of exclusive Porto potties, I wonder if they will follow me through the whole race with one Sixpack chopra I hope so.

3 comments:

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

Congratulations Wayne! I am certainly impressed with your devotion to a) running hungover on New Year's Day, b) running in 41 degree weather, and c) reducing your time on your last mile. Awesome!!! I hope to run with you and Sixpack at Bay2Breakers. I have to meet the Wisco Clan ;)

Clyde S. Dale said...

I would like at one time or another to meet all of you so I can put a face to the names.

dr. deetschei said...

It's really quite simple. Julie wears the cowboy hat, and I don't. ;)
Seriously man, great job running. I am a firm believer in the need to get a few crazy runs in...the ones which don't make any sense really give you something to rally around later. They are something you can look back on when you are feeling down, and make you realize that a) you DO have the motivation and resources to complete ANY run, and b) it's all just so damn ridiculous... so you might as well just have fun with it.
Way to go bro, you're setting the standard high for 2007!