Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Slow to start but feeling stronger

I can't wait til my postings are as impressive as others on this blog!! I appear to be related to the turtle at this point in training. I printed off the training schedule from Runners World which is 16 weeks, so I went ahead and allotted myself 2 weeks for bringing myself up to speed. I entered the slowest possible mile and the least amount of miles/week and it still seems impossible for my fat ass!! I have been focusing on increasing water intake, decreasing caloric intake, not smoking and just walking for now. I can walk 2 miles in 30 minutes and only jogged a 1/4 mile 2 times. I lost 4 pounds and am starting to feel better already. I bought new shoes and a cute running outfit, but haven't sported the outfit yet. Forced to take the day off today due to snow and few sidewalks in the neighborhood. Hoping weather improves this week. I have avoided alcohol mostly, but found a new wine shop on Riverside and had to check it out. I bought myself a new ale and enjoyed that immensely. I don't think I'll worry about increasing my alcohol intake at this point. I still need to think about the calories involved until I lose a little more and can at least run!! Besides.....they don't call me Sandi for nothing!! (Just kidding, I think most know I love to drink!!

4 comments:

dr. deetschei said...

Hey Sandi,
It sounds like your focus points are right on! Don't worry about the other people, there will always be someone running faster, and there will always be a lot of people running slower than you. That's the beauty of running, it's always tailor made to the individual, and everyone starts somewhere. Good luck with the snow, and I can't wait to hear more about your training!

Sixpack Chopra said...

I second Daytonio. The key is to always be trying to pass someone. Don't worry that they are ahead of you, but feel bad for them when you pass their sorry ass!!!!!

Way to go. YOu're doing great. Take it easy on the snow there. I know the dangers, I found myself running on ice in Twin Peaks today.

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

I third the wise words of the boys. It is almost MORE motivating when people are in front of you - especially if they have fine asses ;) Oh wait, did I say that?

Clyde S. Dale said...

Good job Sandi. The scale can be your best friend or worst enemy at this point. If it stays the same or goes up one week don't get discouraged, use it to work harder. I know how that feels but when you get to where you can run two miles the pounds will come off like fat on a barbecued pig ( not a reference towards you)and trust me that is a great feeling. Remember if you have a craving try to push it off, if you can't then satisfy it, but don't let the cravings rule you.