Sunday, January 28, 2007

This is for P.P.

I took a week off this last week, lower back pain and when I would run the top of my left foot would kill me before the end of my runs.After a month of going to the chiropracter and getting no results, I finally went to my Dr. and he looked me over said I have a bad disc. I said I've already taken a week off of running and can't take anymore off. He said keep up with your goal, don't stop, here is a note to the P.T. She as well told me not to stop running, She said I have a bulging disc, but the back pain and and the pain in my foot was from the fact that my left hip is a lot weeker than my right. So when my left leg gets fatigued the pain increases and shoots down to my foot. Do these stretch's and these strength excrercises and stick with the running, just listen to the pain as to how far you run. So the moral to this story, not all doctors think running is evil.

Last run: 6miles

Time:66min. 12sec.

Pace: 11min. 2sec.

2 comments:

Sixpack Chopra said...

Congrats on the huge distance!!! That's awesome!!!!

And, down with doctor's!!!! That said, I'm checking in with one this week. Knee pain, still a little nagging after the race.

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

Hey Gumpy! Thanks for the shout out. My foot pain has subsided, but I do think I will find myself a sports doctor to consult for further pains/injuries.

Congrats on the distance! Excellent. Keep it up. I will be getting back into running this week AND will finally get you that music I promised!