Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Good Morning "ALL"

Please allow me to introduce myself. From here on I will be refering to myself as "30 Pack". Not a spin off of 6 pack, as he claims, just a slight comparison thereof. I am, just a "30 Pack", much shorter and much wider than the famous 6 Pack. And I might add, "much slower". I really got the name from my long time fishing buddy Tom Short who says "It ins't Beer unless it comes in a 30 Pack". Yes, we have been known to finish one or more off in one setting. Especially out Ice Fishing. You don't have to carry a cooler to keep the beer cold.

For the past couple of weeks I have been receiving a considerable amount of entertainment and inspiration from reading everyone's input and commentary. Up to now, I have simply had nothing to add. When I arrived home last evening all enthused to go out for my workout, as I pulled up in front of the garage the temperature indicator in the car read -6 F. At that point it became a test of my willpower. You see, I have not run for about 20 years and have a much longer way to go than the rest of you. I did go out. I made my now standard 1.6 miles. By the time I got back to the house my glasses were so frozen over I was running off of the driveway.

I read most of you refering to "Time". I can only refer to time at this point by measuring it with a Calander." It is getting better though. I got new shoes last weekend, which made a tremendous difference. I put the Steel Toe shoes back in the closet for the time being.

Finally, "Yes 6-Pack, you have been an INSPIRATION to the rest of your family, and it is because of you and Forest that the rest of us are working hard to join everyone who may read this at Bay to Breakers. And for that you shoud be proud."

4 comments:

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

Welcome 30-Pack! I don't what I am more impressed by: the running in -6 degree weather or the that they make 30 Packs of beer!!!!! Hmm... it is a tie for now. As Deetschei and the others have metioned: Time-schmime! The whole point is that we are moving our bodies and sticking with it, despite the fact that we haven't exercised in forever or despite the snot-moustaches ;) I look forward to hearing updates about your progress and hope to see you at B2B.

Clyde S. Dale said...

Welcome Thirty Pack, This seems kind of weird as you run past my place every night. It's great what you are doing we are all glad to see it. Keep it up!

Sixpack Chopra said...

Keep up the good work. Sounds like you are already making huge strides!! congrats!

-- one might wonder why Forest is just watching you run past his place instead of running with you, but I would rather walk on my lips than criticize, so forget I said anything. :-)

Sandi F. Patti said...

I think you only joined the blog cause you're kickin' my butt!! It's hard for me to see that 30 Pack is outrunning the oldest of his offspring. Is there a laser surgery that will correct the herniated disk in my back? I am seeing weight loss and increased muscle tone as the answer and although it is feeling better, it hasn't stopped me from being paralyzed in the morning. I'll just keep moving for now!!