Tuesday, January 08, 2008

A World of Marathons!

Who knew? Out of curiosity, I was checking out the course map for this weekend's Houston marathon. Interestingly, the banner at the top of the website had photos advertising various "adventure" marathon's around the world including The Great Tibetan Marathon, The Great Wall (of China) Marathon, and The Polar Circle Marathon. Sounds absolutely fascinating and grueling! Definitely something to consider AFTER running my first marathon at/below sea level! :)

Speaking of which, today marks the first "official" day of training for the OKC Marathon. I ran a short 4.5 miler last week, as I believe I mentioned in a previous post, just to make sure the ol' machine was still working. Which, I am pleased to report, it is.

I hope that, over the next 16 weeks, you will also be hearing from my sisters as they log their training miles for their first race ever and their first time to run at distance. Ben has already stated that he will NOT be posting as he trains for the half-marathon. I leave that up to him to explain. So, it appears that the OKC Marathon will be a family affair. I only wish that I had my tried-and-true drunkrunner buddies along for the ride.

More to post at the end of this week!

Deetschei, how is the final week of training going for the AZ half-marathon? Be sure to give us a report!!!

1 comment:

Sixpack Chopra said...

Congratulations on the family affair!!! It's a great way to motivate all involved! You'll get even further now!