Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I'm back

Please keep the theme from Rocky playing as I announce my return from retirement.
It has a been a long struggle both with age (aches and pain) and just not enough time and or energy ( Anatomy and physiology kicked my ass and brain). But Boys and girls Friends and DOCTORS I'm BACK!!!!! (lower theme music in head while I tell you the story).
Since the Madison Marathon I've been thru a few trials both physical and mental (yes I've gotten professional help for both, thanks for your concern). The back is feeling good and they repaired my rotator cuff Jan 3rd. The Pt has given me the OK to start back running, but I have to start slow so I don't end up with tendinitis. (please switch music to "Eye Of The Tiger") I have set up a revised training plan, I will be a bit behind but will catch up. I've been running the chickens on the tread mill and built a bigger chase pen. This year speed training will be a blast. When I cross the finish line for my second marathon I can proudly yell "YOHHH Adrian I did it".
I would like to extend an invitation to all to join us in Madison. We will again start at the Capitol and end at "The Worlds Largest Brat Fest" Oh and they have beer as well. I'll keep this short, just wanted to let you all know Forest has entered the race.

P.S. I have had and will have limited access to the www but will keep posting and supporting my fellow drunk runners.

3 comments:

Sixpack Chopra said...

Run Forest! Run! Welcome back.

BTW: I love the use of the Rocky theme and Eye of the Tiger (Rocky III) in your post. It really makes me want to go see Rambo more than ever!

You'll do great, but I'm gonna kick your ass in that marathon. You better just pray Ray has some beer left for you once I get through with him.

dr. deetschei said...

brilliant! the return of forest AND sibling rivalry. this is like easter and christmas all rolled into one. welcome back, forest! we have missed you. i can't wait to hear your updates as you work towards bratfest.

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

Yay!!!! I was wondering if you had fallen off the face of the planet. Good to hear that the recovery is going smoothly and that you will be pounding the pavement with us again.