Thursday, January 03, 2008

JUST STOPPING IN TO SAY HELLO

Hello All,
I am new to the blog. My Name is Scott (a.k.a Scooter from here on out). I have been a "walker" for the past 3 months. I started walking to lose weight and became addicted. I used to run with Forrest years ago and had to stop due to recurring knee injury. The walking has paid off well (50 lbs in 3 months) But as I have hit yet another plateau in my quest for the all american body not to mention the pressure from Forrest and the encouragement from Sixpack Chopra i have decided to kick it up a notch and begin to train for the Madison marathon in May. This will be a task for me. I am the father of 2, little league coach for 2 teams, and I star Fireman training school in 1 week. All this said I am scheduled with the program from runners world to begin full on training on Moday, Jan. 7. I have been running a mile a day this week and will begin searching for local 5k runs in the near future. Thank you for your time and thanks for the invite Sixpack!

2 comments:

Sixpack Chopra said...

Right on! Scooter! Welcome. Looking forward to hearing about your weight loss, your running, and seeing you at the marathon!!!

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

Welcome Scooter! Nice to have you along for the "run." Good luck in Madison, I will be running the OKC at the end of April. We can commiserate together!