Saturday, January 19, 2008

2 in the bag

Well, here I am.. Week 2 is now history!! The week went well, I am adhering to the program religiously and I am still feeling great(and i'm still alive) 4 months ago I never would have imagined running for anything with the exception of another double cheeseburger or beer!! Know I am on the run 3 times a week have had no fast food or beer since mid September and unbelievably have never felt better!!
My only complaint is that it is only mid Jan. and it is colder than @!#% outside!! I am so ready to hit the outside and get off of the treadmill.
Week 3 will be a challenge but I am up for it.

4 comments:

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

Hey Scooter, good to hear about your progress. Cherish your access to the indoor treadmill with central heating as long as you can!!! ;) However, if there isn't ice on the ground, give running outdoors a try. You will warm up quickly and probably end up shedding a few layers of clothing by the end of your run - just don't risk hypothermia ;)

Sixpack Chopra said...

Right on Scooter! I second Dr. PP, make use of that treadmill, especially with the temperatures I saw in Green Bay yesterday. Ouch! That said, I know how dull it can be running on a treadmill, especially once your runs reach 4 miles or more.

Stay warm and keep us posted on the wind chill.

dr. deetschei said...

i was in chicago for a few days in december- treadmill was the only way to go. when you hit race day and are running free through nature, you'll look back on all this and laugh. or, alternately, if you are having a tough race, you will draw strength from it knowing you can grind through anything if you can spend your winter running on a treadmill!

RunsOnlyWhenChased said...

I hear you, Scooter, on the treadmill boredom. However, the alternative I found when I ventured outside to my local park on Sunday for my 3 miler was NOT pleasant. It was deceptively sunny, but 35 degrees with a wind chill of God-only-knows-what. I think I'll wait awhile before I try that again... :)