Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hitting My Stride, I Think....

So I know it's only week 2 in my training, but I can already tell a difference. Thanks to a little field trip out of the gym and onto the road this weekend with Dr. Pavement Pounder I found a good pace (faster than a brisk walk) and was able to do the whole run today without stopping. It was only 2 miles, but trust me--that was a personal accomplishment.

I followed some other very good advice and made a beeline to the Fleet Feet store in my area last week. I have to say, for a beginning runner, it was a terrific experience. The salesman had a lot of good suggestions and with the aid of a video camera, a treadmill and a skeleton's foot (for illustration purposes only--no voodoo involved) got me into a great fitting pair of shoes. Unfortunately, with my freakishly large feet, they had to special order them, so it will be another few days before I actually get to wear them.

2 comments:

Sixpack Chopra said...

Awesome!!! Not about your freakishly large feet, I certainly wouldn't cheer those. But congrats, ROWC, on running 2 miles out on the road! Way to get off the treadmill.

Keep it up! Week 2 means there are only 14 weeks left!

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

I take full credit for your increased pace ;) Ok, ok. So maybe only a slight, tiny, smidgen of credit. Glad you are feeling good, and I hope you remember how good it feels during those weeks when you don't feel like running ;)