Sunday, January 13, 2008

P.F. Changs 1/2 Marathon Result

Hey All!
Well, it's nice to see so many new faces and so many great posts after my holiday hiatus. I'm just checking in to give my result, then running off to pack since I fly home very early tomorrow.

Total Time: 1:49:15

All in all it was a good run, but I had one bad mile that cost me a personal best. Basically, I got blisters for the first time, then cramped from gu, and then my knee went wonky...all at the same time. So I ended up with a 8:59 mile between 11 and 12. I recovered in the end, and still finished very strong with a 8:11 final mile. I'm not complaining one iota-- It was a great run and a LOT of fun.

Keep up the great work everybody! I look forward to getting to know some of you over the next year :)

2 comments:

Sixpack Chopra said...

Awesome time!! Sucks about the blisters. I hope they heal fast, and that you are back up and running in no time!!

Keep up the good and inspiring work!

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

Sweeeeet! No mention of beer though... I hope you didn't skip the beer tent!