Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Drunkrunner Approved Food

Nearest and Dearest Drunkrunners and Drunkrunner Fans,


I wanted to share this absolutely freakin' fabulous meal with you. Ben, my personal chef, um... I mean my husband, prepared this brilliant savory pie (Deetschei, you will appreciate this), based on a recipe from Jamie Oliver (formerly known as the "Naked Chef").

Drum role please....... it is the Guinness and Steak Pie. Now, alone the fact that it contains Guinness OBVIOUSLY makes it an approved Drunkrunner food. Don't even get me started about the sharp cheddar (preferably Wisconsin, duh!) and the puff pastry crust. Not to mention, I can personally attest that there are no adverse affects of consuming this dish the night before a long run (in fact, I credit it with my fast, time-bending, blinding speed) ;) I would have to say it registers a green (low risk of vomiting and cramping) on the food threat advisory system.

Voila!

I won't post the recipe here, but if you are interested, let me know and I will pass it along to you. It is so pretty. Too bad it is all in my belly! BWA HA HA HA! (And has probably worked its way to my hips and thighs) :(

1 comment:

dr. deetschei said...

"yes, please" to the recipe:) :)
of course, to really test how running appropriate it is, you have to eat it immediately (within 2 hours) before your run!!!!

BTW, you should try youtubing the jamie oliver commercial for channel 4, in which he claims to be a ping pong champ. its hilarious.