Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Factual Error

This comment came in yesterday in response to my post "New Year, New Marathon....New Tattoo (?)":

" The race staff is pleased that you "joined the bandwagon for the Madison Marathon." We would like to clarify one thing in your post...the race was stopped due to extreme weather conditions (90 degree heat and high humidity) but thankfully everyone was fine (ie no deaths to report)!

Glad you enjoy finishing at the World's Largest Brat Festival. We have some great things planned for 2008 and hope your readers will join us!

Madison Marathon Staff"

  1. My apologies to the Madison Marathon Staff for insinuating there was a death at their race. To be honest, I couldn't recall exactly when I posted and was too lazy to look it up. Here's to no deaths in Madison, but a moment of silence for the fallen in London, the Olympic Trials, Chicago and others during the last year.
  2. Readers? I didn't even know we had readers. Is the phenomenon growing? Am I becoming the leader of a cult? It's exciting to know that more people read this thing than just those of us kvetsching about our running. Does this mean others have heard of our Kenyan theory? Is that something we want getting out?

1 comment:

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

DOH! Ixnay on the enyankay eorythay! That is my secret training plan for OKC!!!

I, too, was shocked and awed to find that people, other than the contributors, read this. Hmmmm.