Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The McClard Family Bratfest

Forest hasn't had a chance to enlighten you all, but the Drunkrunner evangelical movement is taking hold. Through Forest's hard missionary work recruits for Bratfest are increasing daily.


So far, all members of the greater McClard Clan, entrants are:
Forest, myself, Sandi F. Patti and of course MamaSchu (for those that are counting, and know the count, that's the entire ensemble of Backman Siblings), Sandi's daughter Jillian, our cousin Scooter, our cousin from another mother Angel, and our cousin from yet another mother Robin and her son Dexter. There may be more that I just can't remember right now. All of the above mentioned will be tackling races from the 1/4 marathon, to the 1/2 marathon, and a few full marathons. For most of them Bratfest will be the longest race they have ever run. I believe the only exceptions to that are Forest, Angel and myself who have all run marathons, although I can't recall if Angel has or not, but that's not important right now. These family members are all from the McClard side of the family, a scottish clan well versed in drinking and adversity. All in all, perfect candidates for a marathon.

There are now two things to look forward to.
  1.  If I've said it once, I'll say it a thousand times: BRATFEST.
  2. Ray, Scooter's step-dad, will be waiting at the mile 24 marker with a cold bottle of New Glarus Brewing Co. Beer. Yes, you read that right, Beer at mile 24. Trust me, once you've made it that far, your body is too starved for energy to notice the alcohol.
Over the coming weeks I hope more McClards will join in, so welcome them all when we hear from them. And thanks Forest for the amazing recruiting efforts!

1 comment:

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

Blast! I've been outdone yet again!!! Well, small steps. As for the beer at mile 24, I am totally there. Can anyone send me a bottle of New Glarus for the special occasion? Otherwise, it is gonna be the classic OK "near beer" - don't even get me started on how they can sell beer that isn't technically alcoholic and require you to be 21 to purchase it???!!! Does not compute.