Friday, March 30, 2007

Who is that?

So, I know you're probably thinking-who is this stroller motor and she never types anything. We'll, I've been feeling like a slacker with my running so I haven't posted anything (a little bit of guilt there too). My comments the past couple weeks would have sounded like whining since I haven't been feeling well. So, yesterday, I finally went to the doctor and found out that I have walking pneumonia. Training will just have to wait a bit as my family and work takes my last bit of energy each day.
However, my running that I'm training for isn't marathon length-actually, I'm working on a 5 mile race. My goal is to complete it with some dignity. I had been running before I got sick and I typically ran at about a 10 minute mile pace. I'm not a born runner although I played sports in high school and college. I used to think that putting the words "fun" and "run" in the same sentence was absurd-I'm starting to get over that. Another side effect that I'm hoping for is to reverse the effect that gravity, baby, and food has had on my back side!
Anyone know how long one should wait to run after having pneumonia? I take meds for 5 days but supposedly it stays in your system for 10.

5 comments:

Clyde S. Dale said...

Welcome Stroller Motor! You do know you could have picked your own display name. I guess this is like you saying Forest is a WISE MAN without actually saying it. Someday my friend some day.Not sure on the illness, had it once but it was a while back. Give it time but remember "Crazylegs" is in one month. Hell I may have a hard time doing it at the pace I'm on.

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

Welcome Stroller Motor! Man, you are hardcore. At least you have a legitimate reason for not running! :) Eager to hear about your goals and progress. Do you have one of those spiffy racing strollers? I was just thinking today (while running) that when I have a baby, I am going to demand that that be my first mother's day gift :) Looking forward to your posts, but don't push yourself too hard until your healthier!

stroller motor said...

I do have a jogger stroller-it's really nice and my daughter loves going out in it as well. I haven't used it too much yet since the weather is a little cool for her to be out. If you ever need a stroller recommendation-I researched a lot of them ! :) I'm finally starting to feel better-but I think I'm just going to start with some walking-I'm tired of sitting around.

Clyde S. Dale said...

Everybody has to start some where. walking is better than bon bon's on the couch. Although that sounds good to me yet today. Let me know when you head out for the first run if I'm back in the saddle by then I'll push the stroller and make life a little easier for ya.

Clyde S. Dale said...
This comment has been removed by the author.