Monday, March 26, 2007

New Shoes, New Hope!

Well, it's been forever since I've run regularly. There were a few short runs after the January Marathon, then Basto! I've been struggling with this bruise. Yes, if you can believe it it still hurts, but a few test runs and I've been doing OK. So, in hopes that I will be able to start an 8 week crash course to prepare for the Bay to Breakers, I went out today and bought a new pair of shoes.
What an ordeal! He had me try on 5 pairs of shoes. Each more comfortable than the first. Each pair required a 2 block run to try them out, and 2 of the pairs were tried on multiple times. I ran at least a 1/2 mile just trying on shoes. When was the last time you combined exercise and shopping? Not bad, huh?
In the end I've got another pair of Brooks. I opened my mind way up and tried on Asics and Saucony and Brooks. After my 1/2 mile process of elimination we settled on Brooks with an orthotic. They are way comfy and should be great for my run tomorrow. I'm supposed to do 2 miles at 9:26 minutes each. I think I can do it. I'm psyched and ready to go. An update should arrive later this week.

5 comments:

Clyde S. Dale said...

Congrats on the new sneaks and the crash course training. I hope all goes good.I know the time will be no problem, new shoes always make you run FASTER!

tomodachi said...

yay! i got new brooks shoes a few weeks ago, too. i really like them. glad to hear you're back in the saddle, so to speak. i'm sure you'll be back in peak form in no time!

Sixpack Chopra said...

These new shoes better be fast if I'm going to catch up to DeeJay.

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

I WISH I had a shoe store here that cared that much about my feet and selling me the right shoes. Awesome. I guess I had better get my sweet cheeks back in gear if I am gonna stay ahead of you ;)

dr. deetschei said...

Brooks are the way forward. I'm ordering some online and having my brother bring them to Germany with him! WTG!!!