Wednesday, March 21, 2007

20 Minutes on the Torture Device

Sick and tired of being held back by this fucking bruise-- Yes, it is still yellow, and yes, it still hurts to walk down stairs -- I decided to climb today onto the medieval torture device Steve keeps in the living room. It looks like this:



While watching a documentary about Eastern Musicals during the Cold War -- Yes, there is such a thing, who knew? I didn't. -- I climbed on and swung my legs back and forth for 20 minutes. Something akin to Nordic Track, but leaves one feeling a bit more like a 5 year old girl at the park. I guess there's just something about a grown man swinging his legs as wide open as they will go, that's wrong in oh so many ways. The good news about it all though is that this motion does not hurt my calf, so I can do it more often. I will continue to try this device until I can get out onto the road. I'm gettig stircrazy, and fat, so I'm hoping that's pretty darn soon.

Summary:

Miles: 2 floating miles, a la Care Bears.

Time: 15 minutes

Overall Impression: Musical Documentary While Performing Barbie Exercises? Have I Hit A Gay High Or A Gay Low? (MDWPBE?HIHAGHOAGL?)


Also: A welcome to Stroller Motor, thus making it 11 Drunk Runners with our strongest chapter in Wisconsin (5 members).

5 comments:

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

I am picturing it in my mind as I type this. What were you wearing? I think that will be the deciding factor in whether it was a gay high or low. If you respond a la poolboy, then it will be a gay high! :) If you respond Dancing with Stars (i.e., pink leotard with leg warmers...) than I go low.

dr. deetschei said...

that's funny. i rate both those costumes exactly oppositely!!! ;)

Sixpack Chopra said...

Sadly, it was neither. fully clothed, as if I were going running. No one, and I mean no one wants to see me dressed as a Brazilian PoolBoy! Not at this point. And I haven't had legwarmers since the 4th grade.

tomodachi said...

this all creates *quite* the mental images, let me tell you...

Clyde S. Dale said...

Was the running outfit a Richard Simmons outfit. If yes I'd say low any thing else I'd say your good.