Sunday, March 18, 2007

My Bones Are Weary

I totally take umbrage at being left out of the list of people posting! Boo hiss. Geez, you take one day off to celebrate your 3rd decade and its like you never ran at all. [Grin]

You want stats, I'll give you stats. Granted Forest, after your 31 miles for the week, my 18 look quite pitiful.

Today, Ginifer and I did what has become our weekly run together. We hit Memorial Park in Houston (yes, they have parks in Texas). Actually, it was really reminiscent of Golden Gate Park, including the high traffic of runners, walkers, dogs, and apparently it is the "meat market" of fit Houston people. Since Ginifer is going to wait to start posting until after she gets her laptop, I will share with you what AMAZING progress she has made over the last 4 weeks. She is now running 6 miles as her long distance (something she remarked she had only done one other time in her life and after that she decided to stop there!) and has brought her time down to the 9 min. range (and even faster for her speedwork). Yeehaw! Granted, I think she underestimated herself when setting up her plan, so it is really no surprise to me that she went from doing 11-12 min. miles to 9:30 miles. But I digress.

As for me, my body has held up despite my entrance into the 30s. I made up the tempo run that I should have done on my birthday on Sat. (6.6 miles) and then did my distance run today, Sunday (8 miles). All I can say is: they give you "rest" days in between for a good reason (I know Deetschei defies all logic with his crazy running-everyday-routine...).

This Week:
Total Distance: 18.6 mi
Total Time: 2:36:44
Average Pace: 8:25
Best Run of the Week: 6.6 mi at 8:01 pace
Overall Impression: Eh, can't complain. Legs are still attached and bionic knees are functioning. (ECCLASAABKAF)

2 comments:

Clyde S. Dale said...

I really am sorry PP, I never meant to leave you out please forgive me. PLEASE.
Your sister is really putting out some good times, I guess they don't have plows in texas big enough to slow the sista's down huh. great job to both of you, I as I said before look forward to hearing your sista tell her own progress.

dr. deetschei said...

Hey dude! That's a fast 6.6! Admit it, you want to start running sub-7's with me! Coooooome oooooonnn, don't even pretend you don't.