Thursday, March 01, 2007

Ode to the Sweaty Salt Crystal

You are so white.
You are so scratchy.
O, how you cake my legs and face;
My little, sweaty salt crystals.

Okay, so I am not cut out to be a poet. I'll stick to analyzing them instead of writing them.

Forest, I made a point to pay attention while doing my tempo run today. I realized that when I do speedwork, I shorten my stride. I don't know if this is common or if other people do it, but the shorter my strides the faster I find I can go. Additionally, I have noticed that if I tilt my hips I can also increase my speed/power. (I think Sixpack mentioned something about hiptilt in an earlier post). That was just my observation from today's run, which was surprisingly successful.

By the way, I know I am gonna hear about this, but.... MAN was it hot today! Geez. If this keeps up, I am gonna have to hit the pool early this season ;) A brilliant, low-humidity, 76 degrees, clear skies, and windy! SWEET!!! [Note: I expect to be fully chastised for that little brag when summer comes and I am bitching about 90 degree weather with humidity not unlike that of the Brazilian Rain Forest! and the Wisco Clan is singing the praises of the mild, pleasant Midwest summer ;)]

6 comments:

Clyde S. Dale said...

Thanks for the help, not sure on the hip tilt thing, I believe I need a little further explanation on that. I'm back down again because of the back. I hope to run again Friday and then do my long run on Sunday. I want to try and keep pace I'm tired of playing catch up. Sara Makes headway, work knocks me down, but we'll get to that place that makes me feel good all the time sooner or later.
When summer comes you can wine all you want, just like I did all winter. I promise not to poke fun at you, but I won't sware on a stack of runners world magazines on that. I believe that's Sixpacks version of the "BIBLE". Enjoy the weather while it lasts and I'll keep hoping for weather like yours.

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

Well my hip tilt is a little like a slouch. Hmmm... I can't really describe it. Let me ruminate on it some more and get back to you. By the by, I lost the email from Sixpack in which he gave me yours and Tequila's addresses. I still owe you both music!

Clyde S. Dale said...

I got on today to see how your hips looked.But to my amazement you didn't send a visual.
As long as you've got the weather wound open I thought I'd give you an opportunity to dump some of those "sweaty salt crystals" in.All day at work I was looking forward to my first allowed run of the week (still amazes me to hear myself say I was looking forward to running.The weather in Mad Town looked good, a little snow but I can deal with that, hell I've dealt with worse. I left work thinking this was going to be great, but it was short lived. when I got out into gods country (no buildings just open fields) I found hte wind howling at 20 mph and white out conditions everywhere. when I got to my road, the drifts just about had it closed down. Then I heard the report they were going to pull the plows off the road at six. No run for Forest AGAIN.
I decided I would load up my dogs and go to your great state to do my training until the weather was more fit in wisco. Do you and your hubby have a couch I can crash on. Careful how you answer You may find me to be THE GUEST WHO CAME FOR A WEEK AND STAYED FOR LIFE!!!!

Clyde S. Dale said...

CONGRATS ON QUOTE OF THE WEEK.I believe the surveyer of wisdom was dead on again.

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

Oh alright you bunch of pervies! Take a simple little statement, uttered in all seriousness, and turn it into something taudry and raunchy. That is why I love you all!!!

Sixpack Chopra said...

LOLOL. You call us sick? You said it!