Monday, March 12, 2007

One Mile Run

Yes, it's true!! I ran a mile today. I've been nursing my leg and thought I would see what it felt like to actually run a mile. I had an errand to run and since we are having an amazing day of weather: High of 75 today. I thought I would get away from the computer and go for a little jog.
All in all it wasn't too bad. I was in pain most if not all of the way, but it wasn't pain that said I was injuring myself, just pain that said, "Would you just sit down, this hurts!" It felt great to get out and get some exercise again. I can't tell you how great I feel to have gotten out and just done it. I feel so great that I plan to do it again tomorrow! My pace was 9:24. Nice to see I haven't lost all of my fitness. I'm hoping some of it is still there after all of this time off.

Stats:

Distance: 1.08 miles

Time: 10:09

Pace: 9:24

Impression: Praise Sixpack, Praise Pope Deetschei, and all hail Sandi Patti! I can walk! I can Run! It's a Miracle! (PS,PPD, AAHSP!ICW!ICR!IAM!)

4 comments:

dr. deetschei said...

great job, dude! when your leg heals (man, that is a nasty bruise), you're going to be fresh. Build up a base, let's get faster together, and then think about something in the fall...dare i say, cologne?

Sixpack Chopra said...

Yes, you dare, and I will do my darndest. I was hoping SF in July, but that might not leave enough time to rest between. Whaddaya think?

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

That must have been one mean tackle. When you told me you had hurt it, I didn't even begin to imagine it looked like that!!!! No hiding that grass stain ;)

Congratulations on your first run. You know what, I think you need to know what is in the Teaches of Peaches... then your leg will be as good as new in no time.

P.S. might still make it for B2B after all...

dr. deetschei said...

I say you know best how you feel, but that might cut it close. Work on rehabbing now and getting some miles under your belt, and then see how you're feeling!!!