Sunday, March 11, 2007

Run Forrest Run!

A shout out to everyone who is still out there beating the pavement!!!! You people are amazing and are an inspiration to me as I work my way back out there. I thought I would chime in today, during this week of photos and share with you my lack of running for the past 11 days. On the way to the faculty meeting last week I went to fill up my scooter. While driving down a short stretch of sidewalk, I actually managed to drive off the sidewalk, at which point I tipped the scooter over. I've done it once before, but that was a lighter scooter and I was expecting it. this time was a mess. The scooter landed on my left leg. It was actually trapped under the scooter! I thought I was going to have to chew it off or something, but I realized I could just lift it with my hands that still functioned properly. Other than the leg all I managed to do was bounce my helmeted face off the pavement. Thank god for helmets.
Just to prove I'm not lying, here's a picture I took of my leg today.

That's what it looks like on day 11. Needless to say, it's taken my best effort to walk straight for the last week. However, I am not daunted and am hopeful I will be giving a trial run on Tuesday. (pun intended.)

Keep the inspiring stories coming and the pic of the Hayes Street Hill has me pumped. I can't wait to tackle it again!! I promise to inform you all of my progress as soon as I'm able to run again. In the meantime:


Miles this week: 0
Cocktails this week: Best not divulged. My mom reads this thing. I'll simply offer this as my proof:


Yes, Ladies and Gentleman that is my name on the side of a barrel of Makers Mark, and when that puppy is ready (6 to 7 years) there will be a big party. Too bad, I'll probably empty a few barrels that belong to someone else before then.

2 comments:

Clyde S. Dale said...

I wasn't able to see the pictures, gotta love dial up. I hope you get back to running soon I know how I feel when I can't run. Ever thought of training wheels for the scooter. well have a few drinks for me while your down that way you have an excuse for ma. You were drinking for two!

dr. deetschei said...

man, you are one tough cookie. but now i know where you get your strength!!! i always thought that was a hip flask tucked into your running shorts!