Tuesday, March 27, 2007

When Bad Weeks Happen to Good People

I am not entirely sure what happened last week. It could have been a combination of factors: pollen count is high; still not accustomed to time change; it was recovery week in my training plan, etc. As I said, it could have been any of those things. But the fact remains that I had a terrible, unmotivated week.

Of the scheduled 12 miles for the week, I only completed 8 mi. I could not bring myself to run the last 4 mi. I can only explain it by saying I must have hit the proverbial wall and it sucks. However, since the whole point of the recovery week is to "recover" I am certainly going into this week with fresh legs. I've got two "longish" runs scheduled this week (7 & 9) and I absolutely intend on completing those.

Sooo, send your positive running mojo thoughts my way this week. Especially around 6 pm (Central) when I try to convince myself to get off the couch and hit the pavement.

Weeks Stats
Total Miles: 8
Total Time: 1:06:22
Avg. Pace: 8:17
Total Mi. since Jan: 141.5 (So getting crushed by DJ)
Observations: Too lazy to make an observation (TLTMAO)

1 comment:

Clyde S. Dale said...

PP that pollen count and this cold have been kicking my ass all week, not to mention a sore knee. I'm telling ya I feel all but antique.

One thing I now have is faith in you. It was a repair week, you are now repaired and ready to kick ass again. To quote a movie I like " you just stepped in dog shit....it happens" so wipe that shit off your shoes and run like the wind.... run like Forest....RUN Pavement Pounder RUN!!!!!