Tuesday, March 27, 2007

New Day, New Run, New Motivation

OK, you got me. I kind of didn't tell the whole truth yesterday. Yes, I got new FASTER running shoes, and Yes I rode my bike to the bike shop to buy them, but what I left out was the fact that I bought two pairs of shoes yesterday. So this morning it was really hard to decide which pair to wear. My shiny, new, awesomest of awesome, faster running shoes:

or, my hot new, coolest of the cool, you can't touch this, John Fluevog shoes:

In the end I came to my senses and wore the running shoes, even though I'm dying to break in those Fluevogs. For those that are counting that's only 4 pair. for the run I went down to Kezar Stadium, former home of the 49'ers and first tried to calibrate my iPod again. it's pretty accurate, but fell about 25 yards short on a 2 mile run. I'll keep trying. It was a great run. The two laps I ran to calibrate were at 2:00 each, that would have been an 8 minute mile!!! I ran instead, 2 more miles in 18:22 for an average pace of 9:11/mile. The goal on my training plan, which I'm already realizing might be a bit ambitious, was 9:26. So, I beat the goal.

It was awesome to be back running, and I hope my return will be long lived. I'll train for B2B then will look at the calendar for the next marathon! I'm so excited to be back in the saddle again that I almost want to go back out and run again tonight!!!!!

Stats;

Distance: 2 miles

Time: 18:22

Overall Impression: Damn Them Shoes Is Fast! (DTSIF)

P.S. PP you can do it!!! Keep up the work it will pay off. Bad weeks happen, just don't let it push you off and discourage you for this week!!!!

5 comments:

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

I am so glad that you are running again. Yay! And look at that, all that time off didn't hurt you too badly. Nice running tights. I would have gone with the Fluevogs, but that is just me ;) Thanks for the encouragement.

Clyde S. Dale said...

I LOVE the Fluvogs, were they on sale and do they have a pair in my size. I know they are not the pink ones or the turqoise but I like the way they look. I coiuld tare up the dance floor in those. You gotta hook me up.
Great run keep it up.

Sixpack Chopra said...

They were on sale!!!! Only $69! And if you think I'm looking for a pair in your size so you can have my shoes, well, then you have obviously underestimated the endurance of sibling rivalry! :-P

Clyde S. Dale said...

Thats just COLD!!!!! A kick ass pair of shoes that no one I know or would ever know would have, other than you and you won't help a brother out. Not even your own brother. WOW I'M CRUSHED.

Sandi F. Patti said...

SHOE WHORE!!!! Gotta love 'em!!