Sunday, March 11, 2007

RUN FOREST RUN, why yes I did!

Hello all, it's a sunny Sunday afternoon in Wisconsin, It's supposed to hit 51 today. Wow it seems like just last week I was talking nay complaining about how cold it was. Oh yah it was just last week. I'll start by telling the horror story's, but first, Drunk runners we have a problem with one of our members. Folks our beloved Sandi has fallen, not like Sixpack, it's worse. She has lost her drive, she is still losing the weight but she is not exercising. I'm afraid if we don't all pump her up she won't be ready for B2B. So let's all give her a drunk runners push and get her going again.
I believe I posted Tuesdays run, hey I was complaining about the cold earlier this week, wow what a difference. Well Thursday I actually went out and did speed work, have I mentioned how much I hate speed work. NO because I had never done any before but now I can tell you I hate it, yet it already seems to be working. Hate it yet good for me so I guess I have to keep doing it. Friday was like the last month or so of Fridays, at work during the day things are good outside but when the day is done so is the good weather. Well this Friday was no different. when I was leaving work it started raining the temp was 36 degrees I thought I'm still running it's just rain. I got home let the boy's out to run while I changed and stretched. While I was in doing that the London fog set in. But I stayed the course and ran anyhow and it turned out to be a good run, helped out by Mother Nature. She came calling at about mile three and I had to sprint back to the house before the bitch kicked the door in. It's funny how fast a person can run with clenched cheeks and a stomach rumbling like the Blueberry pie eating contest in the movie "Stand By Me". For those worried I maybe didn't make it and those laughing hoping I didn't, I MADE IT!!! But after that I lost my drive and didn't go back out and finish the last 1.5 miles, can ya blame me?
This brings me to today, I went up to Verona to meet and run for the first time with a marathon training group I signed up with. It was a sunny 29 degree morning with no wind not even a breeze. I'm telling you it was a BEAUTIFUL morning for a run, you couldn't ask for more. Crisp, clean air, sunshine and birds singing. It was like Sixpack and all of you got together and got this weather just for me. I had a tear in my eye when I started the run. THANK YOU everyone THANK YOU!!! It turned out to be a great run all together 12 miles in 2 hrs and 31 secs, folks that's a better overall time than I got when I ran 10 miles for the first time two weeks ago. I wish you all this beautiful sunshine for your training as well.

This weeks report

miles 27.5

time 4 hrs 37 min 9 secs

pace 10 mins 5 secs

overall impression
I think someone snuck up and unhooked the plow with out me knowing (thank you). Now that the plows gone I need to shift gears till I hit road gear. (ITSSUAUTPWOMKTYNTTPGINTSGTIHRG)

5 comments:

tomodachi said...

yay! you deserved to have a good run week after the hell you've been through. keep it up!

and, is sandi reading this? where should we send/post inspirational messages for her?

Clyde S. Dale said...

I'm not sure if Sandi is reading these or not. We'll just have to figure a way to get the message to her. Sixpack can probably help with this.

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

Congratulations! You are just tearing the pavement up with that kind of mileage. I was gonna brag about the sunburn I got while drinking margaritas at the pool on Saturday, but your story is better! Yay for sunny weather. I hope it sticks around for you.

Sixpack Chopra said...

Those are some good numbers! Keep this up and you'll kick some ass in Madison!!!

Clyde S. Dale said...

Please tell me about the pool and sunburn. The weather is going to go back to highs of 30. PLEASE GIVE ME SOMETHING TO WARM ME UP!!! Maybe you could send me up a single friendto tell me the story while warming me up. huh