Monday, August 21, 2006

There is no Room for Hate in my Heart Today!

Well kids, I know this will come as a shock, but I am hate-free today. That is right. I just had a wonderful running experience. (I might be hatin' tomorow when the pain kicks in, but right now I am feeling good!)

The weather is gorgeous, mid to low-70s, partially cloudy, slight breeze. Aaaaahhhhh, Northern California, how I love thee. Let me count the ways.

I relived the good old days and took a run from campus up Spruce to Wildcat Canyon to the Botanic Gardens and back. After two months on a flat band-o-rubber, this was challenging but wonderful all at the same time. I wasn't sure I would make it up Spruce without having an aneurysm, but I am happy to report that no major brain cells were destroyed (as far as I can tell right now). Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. That is all I can say about today's run. The Kenyans are not wrong!!! Four days straight of drinking does make you stronger! (Is this why we are called 3 Drunk Runners?) ;)

Distance: 9.1 mi (was really hoping it was 10, but alas...)
Time: 80 minutes
Place: Berkeley/Kensington Hills
Overall Impression: WWWMALPT (Wonderful. Wonderful. Wonderful. Maybe a little painful tomorrow).

4 comments:

Sixpack Chopra said...

Awesome!!! That's great. Glad to hear you can still do the distance!! And that's a hell of a hill.

Right On!!!!!!!!

dr. deetschei said...

You ran up Spruce!!!!!! I always wanted to run up Spruce or Euclid but was always afraid to! Actually, since you've run up Marin already, now all you need is Euclid to say you've run up the three major arteries of the Berkeley hills. That is reason to be hate free if i've ever heard it. That sounds like an amazing run. I'm reliving most of it in my head right now. Too bad you didn't stop by the casa and say hi to paul!;) Plus you get to be on campus at the beginning of fall semester. I love that time of year...lucky julie, lucky lucky julie.

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

Okay, so there is a little bit of hate in my calves and shins today. I apparently did not hydrate enough (doesn't a triple shot latte count as liquids?) before my run. Oops. I paid dearly the rest of the evening with stomach cramps and nausea. But I don't regret the run! Maybe the latte, but not the run.

Marathon Maritza said...

You are all hysterical, but haterella gets the brownie-point-comment because I use to run there too! (Now I've somehow ended up in the 'burbs of the East Bay where the Iron Horse trail is my frequent friend...)