Thursday, August 10, 2006

Oh How I love to hate the Treadmill

Treadmill tips from my days at the RSF:
1) always lie about your sign-up time! Adding 10 minutes is usually not noticed and you get a longer work out.
2) This may seem counterproductive, but counting my steps seems to help take my mind off things. It works like a minor meditation in the middle of your workout. Keeping track of your footsteps can help you forget just how many you are taking. Especially if you give yourself the task of simply counting them to 100 and then starting over.
3) Try to find something interesting to look at.
4) cover any sort of monitor that tells you how far or how long you have been on the damn thing.
5) Running next to the cute boy helps you run harder while trying to impress him. That's what I hear.


Nothing else for the moment. As inspiration strikes I'll pass it on.

1 comment:

dr. deetschei said...

I just find a spot on the wall and stare at it until it changes shape. Then the endorphines take me to nirvana.