Saturday, August 12, 2006

Physical Therapy

The short story, my knee is stressed and needs rehab. "Will he ever run again, Doctor?" "We can rebuild him. Better, Faster, Stronger."

The long story: it appears my present knee problems could be linked to my scoliosis. Yeah, that's what I thought. But, he says the scolios makes me walk, and therefore run, funny. By working on that we will work on getting me back running again. he didn't seem surprised when I told him I wanted to run a marathon again in December. It looks like it may be possible. I'm very much enheartened by today's meeting.

No ban on running, so I will strap on the rubber tomorrow and see if I can do a mile.

Moose

2 comments:

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

In the famous (and here altered) words of Christopher Cross:

It is the night. My body's weak.
I'm on the run. No time to sleep.
I've got to "run".

"Run" like the wind to be free again.
And I got such a long way to go.
To make it to the border of Mexico.
So I'll "run" like the wind.

...

And I got such a long way to go.
To make it to the border of Mexico.
So I'll "run" like the wind.
"Run" like the wind.
"Run" like the wind.

dr. deetschei said...

Criss Cross sang that?
First off, I'm looking forward to bionic Don. And it's great news for December. Second off, does wearing the rubber for a mile cause your inner thigh to chafe, or do they make gels for that?