Saturday, August 19, 2006

Dead Legs

I'm lying in bed and my legs are still tired from yesterday's short run. It occcured to me when I was running seven miles on Wednesday that the entire week would be nothing but recovery runs, but all the same. I live on the sixth floor, I sleep on the seventh. I need those legs for stuff.

I vaguely remember this happening last time, but I think it was the week after I had a 14 mile long distance run. My body broke, and I got way sick. Luckily, I had the time to take a week off and I came back fast and fitter. No time for a broke body now. No broke back...wait.

I'm trying to be smart about the eating, and on the hunt for Glucosamine. By the way, ask a German for Glucosamine. Go on...You done? Didn't work did it? Now ask for "Glu-koz-ameen-a". Ah, there you go--You want 7,000 pills or 14,000? Spelled the same, but no creativity in pronunciation on the their part. Just blank stares and nothing for the joints. Surely the Americans say it correctly? Can't the rest of the world just adapt? ;)

I just found out that there is a running store around the corner that, perhaps, has the most techinical asssessment machines for shoe buying I've ever seen. I'm going to overpronate my way on over there soon, because my shoes are breaking down quickly, and so are my hips as a result. Just think of the montage sequence from Rocky 4, with the jump cuts between Rocky and Ivan Drago training, and that should be me. I'll be the one plugged into big computers with random oxy pads on my chest. When I'm finished, I'll be running against freedom. Watch out Apollo.

No comments: