Friday, April 06, 2007

I think I'm back, maybe

These last few weeks have been full of back and knee pain, ( can you tell that Sixpack and I are brothers, it seems we are always whining) thankfully I have found that they are related. (not Sixpack and my pain)My knee pain is coming from a transfer pain which is coming from my Sciatica. When I get it straightened out I'll be good as new. I'm going to use an old chiropractor I used to use, gonna get a few massages and keep seeing the PT. I saw my doctor yesterday, he gave me a new, stronger anti inflammatory and told me to take Tylenol arthritis at lunch or one hour before a run. Again nobody has told me not to run, just to let pain guide me. Tuesday I ran 4 miles but had to stop and stretch three times and had pain most of my run so I didn't do anymore. Thursday I went out to run 4 miles but after taking the drugs at the two mile point I still felt good so I went further. I ended up doing 6 miles total relatively pain free, the time wasn't the greatest but I am running again which is more important than time. I have decided to cut my training back from 4 days a week to 3 days. About the time I went to 4 and my mileage increased so much so did my pain. I will now be taking Fri. and Sat. off to try and get my long runs up to what they should be. I should be running 18 miles this week instead I'm going to try for 14 I may push for 16 if things feel good I'll try to go all the way but I won't push to much.I have to get back on track. Wish me luck.
NIIIIICK I'll bet your heads just a spinning right now.

P.S. Its time to put in your cheese order for B2B, remember good old cheeses none of that FU FU stuff.
Miles: I'll post on Sunday.

Overall impression: why do we push are selves when others are sitting on the couch eating
chips drinking beer and scratching? (WDWPASWOASOTCECDBAS?)

4 comments:

Sixpack Chopra said...

keep it up, Man! 16 miles is a great week! Remember: Quality Miles! It's better to run 16 decent miles than to be in pain after 18.

As for the cheese, I'll be needing some. Maybe some Maple Leaf jack, or just some nice Wisconsin Muenster.

Clyde S. Dale said...

I love Muenster so a few pounds were coming with for sure. I'll put Jack on the list.

Sixpack Chopra said...

Not just any Jack. Maple Leaf Jack, Man!

Clyde S. Dale said...

I'm on it, man.