Wednesday, April 04, 2007

From One Training Plan to the Next

In the grand scheme of things, last week was a decent week. I managed to come back from my "slacker" week and put in 20.75 mi. (I know what you are thinking: why not finish off the last .25 to make a nice round number?) Times were okay. I know they can and will be faster. But my big triumph of the week was running 9 mi. (first time since August when I took the gorgeous run from UCB campus up to Wildcat Canyon and back down - see post from 08/21/06). However, this last 9 mi. wasn't quite as scenic, but it got the job done.

I've decided to add miles to my training, just 'cause. Additionally, I already printed up my marathon training plan which I will start after B2B training is finished. I'm feeling pretty good about it. Somehow 14-20 miles seems doable at 11min. miles., but then again, the furthest I have ever run is 12, so.... I could be setting myself up for a BIG surprise. However, I think it is a really good motivational tool to already have another race/training plan lined up so that I don't fall into my couch potato routine. While the Houston marathon isn't until January, I am sure I can find another one either in Austin or Dallas before then.

Week's Summary
Total Distance: 20.75
Total Time: 3:03:04
Avg. Pace: 8:49
Fastest Avg. Pace: 8:15 on a 7 mile run.
Overall Impression: "This wheel's on fire, Rolling down the road, Best notify next of kin, This wheel shall explode!" (TWOFRDTRBNNOKTWSE!) - Don't ask me why that Siouxsie & the Banshees song came into my head, except that I was thinking that my running is on fire this week... ;)

2 comments:

Clyde S. Dale said...

Dam PP great job and great song you really were on fire. With the way you are running right now I have no doubt that you'll keep the ass kickins comin when you start the marathon training. I wonder if I touch your shoes will it make me faster or will it make you slower.HHHMM I wonder. Keep it up and you will all be on your first six pack before I make it to the beer tent.

tomodachi said...

WOW! i am thoroughly impressed PP. keep up the good work and please save me some beer in the beer tent when i drag my arse in there b2b day!