Monday, February 19, 2007

Week #3 And The Hits Just Keep On Comin'

Hey there healthy and recovering runners!

Yet another week has past and yet another 13 miles logged. As much as I H-A-T-E speedwork and tempo runs I am finding them to be really effective in reducing my time. I guess all those running experts actually know something after all - I just assumed you could reduce your time by increasing the amount of potato chips you ate (I still hold to that theory! and if I were mathematically inclined I would come up with a clever little equation for you... give me some time!)

Anywho, I am bound to slack on my training plan. I am just hoping to stave it off for at least another few months. When Sixpack recovers I will let him take over the heavy running for a week or two ;)

My stats:

Total Distance for the Week: 13
Total Time: 1:50:57 (brought my time down by 8:43 from the same distance last week - but I was kinda lame last week, so...)
Avg. Pace: 8:32
Observations/Overall Impressions: I am in a way better place than I was last year at this time (IAIAWBPTIWLYATT)

Keep on truckin' you guys! Only 3 months until B2B (aka CHEERFEST 2007 - Cheese + Beer = Cheer)!!!!!

3 comments:

Sixpack Chopra said...

WooHoo!!! Cheerfest!!! WooHoo!!!

Clyde S. Dale said...

I second that emotion Sixpack. By the way can someone explain what the hell (sadhbfgfdjnvihubier) is. Please I'm obviously missing out on a lot.

Sixpack Chopra said...

Each of the letters in parentheses corresponds to the first letter of each word in the observation, i.e. Got Over Da Ditch After Masquarding March In Trousers! = GODDAMMIT!

Just a little something that evolved. To give credit where credit is due, I believe it was Dayton's innovation.