Sunday, February 11, 2007

Of Plica and Influenza

Wow! What a week! It's been nothing if not exciting. Or has it really been just nothing? For the first time in years Steve and I spent the week at home together. Yep, we left the house last night for the first time in a week. No better bonding experience than an influenza quarantine! And why did we leave the house last night? Two words: Jennifer Holliday! We were invited by Steve's PR guy to a dinner for Equality California held at City Hall. It was gorgeous. We were straight up glitterati. If you don't know who Jennifer Holliday here's the short story: She was the original Effie in Dreamgirls on Broadway and brought down the house with the song, "And I'm Telling You....". If you've ever seen me karaoke, you've seen me do this song! We drug our asses out of bed and went to dinner so we could see her sing her torchsong from the steps of city hall. It was fabulous!!!!

In addition to the flu, which included 12 hours of sleep a night and more than one 4 hour nap, the doctor also told me last week that my plica is irritated! Check out Plica Syndrome. He also described it as Patello-femoral syndrome, or something of the like. Basically this means I'm not in as much pain, but it's back to PT. Mel is going to be so happy to see me. I'm sure.

This all means that I have done nothing this week but sit on my ass and whine about how much it sucks to be sick. No running and hardly even any walking. We'll see how next week goes. Of course, the rest should have been good for the Plica Syndrome. It's hard to stress your knee when the furthest distance walked in a day is 30 feet to the sofa. But I'm not complaining. Sometimes it's nice to just be really friggin lazy. And that was me!!!!

Weeks Stats:

Miles: 0
Overall Impression: I Hate Being Sick More Than I Hate Eating Carrots (IHBSMTIHEC)

2 comments:

Clyde S. Dale said...

Allow me to say that would suck, I hope yall feel better soon ya hear.

dr. deetschei said...

hey dude, definitely get better soon, but enjoy the time off all the same!