Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A Dull Week

This was not the best week of running I have had. I'm stilling whining with a little bit of knee pain, for which I will see a DR on Wednesday. You may already know that I'm a bit of a hypochondriac. If the machinery isn't 100% I call a doctor. So, I'll see what he says and take it from there. I'm already feeling pretty well rested.
I've started training with the gang here again. It's so far Emily, Mike, Jenn and I. i'm hoping Kooiker joins us soon. Emily can't be there for the 9 a.m. run, but can do an 8 a.m. run on Sunday. So, I did the gentlemanly thing and ran with her at 8 and then ran again at 9. Right now, it's not the big deal it might seem to be. It was a nice 2 mile run at 8 and a 3.5 mile run at 9. All in all a good distance, and one that made me feel great about being in shape enough that that wasn't all that big of a deal.
The down side of the week is that that was the only run. I'm going to try to head out for a run on Wednesday, maybe 5 miles. I'm wanting to recover from the race and get moving forward again. The hardest part is convincing yourself that not running can occasionally be the best thing for you.

The stats:
Miles: 5.5
Time: 47:52
Overall Impression: The Ohlone Greenway Is Only Relaxing Once A Day (TOGIO ROAD -- Is that near Hayes Street?)

No comments: