Sunday, February 18, 2007

Is anyone running?

I'm writing from a sunny and warm, but decidedly unexercised San Francisco. I'm sure Nick is sick of hearing me whine about being injured. So, I have decided to stop that. Yes, I'm still injured, but I'm learning to live with it while I wait for recovery. In the meantime Dayton is kicking my ass in the 300 mile challenge. Almost half way finished he is over 100 miles in front of me. I will get out there soon and then the race is on.
I have, in the absence of running, begun swimming at Hearst Pool. A beautiful place, but boy am I out of shape. It was all I could do to stay in the water for 15 minutes. Granted that's 15 minutes of swimtime, but still. I felt like such a wuss. I'll be back next week to go for a full 20. The problem, of course, is not the legs, but my pathetically weak arms. Forrest can attest to the fact that I've always been a bit of a weakling. So, I now struggle to strengthen part of my body that has been neglected by running. The upside? I don't look so bad in a swimsuit. And this also means I will finally be doing the cross training I should have been doing for years now.
Is everyone else out there running? How are things going? Any news from the "Biggest Loser" front? Who's winning? Help me out here people. If you don't post I feel like none of us are running, and I'm not ready to deal with that. That race and beer fest are coming up soon. Speaking of which, if you haven't seen Beerfest yet, you owe it to yourself. This is one of the funniest intentionally stupid films I have seen, since well, Airplane! It's hysterical. My favorite line? This beer is so good, "I wish we could freeze it and ice skate on it, and then in the spring we could melt it and drink it!" I'm warning you it is really really stupid, but I cracked up as I watched it twice.

4 comments:

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

I'm still running! I just don't want to hog the ol' blog. Nothing new to report except that I am following my B2B plan and logging miles... I hope you recover quickly! Get out there and do some "Soccer Practice. Socca Soc Socca Soc"

Clyde S. Dale said...

I really have nothing to post. Today is my first day back in the running shoes. I went four miles, at three I thought hey I can run the nine I scheduled for. By three and a half, I thought four was plenty. The nagging lower back and cold weather make it easey to talk myself out of going. I will give a report on Friday after a full week of running. Hope ya heel soon, we need someone to push the cheese cart for P.P.

tomodachi said...

you will be pleased to know, sixpack, that i have added beerfest to our netflix queue. now i just have to figure out how to weasel it up higher than all of the hubby's baseball documentary dvds on there so i can watch it this century.

Sixpack Chopra said...

Go to your queu and find Beerfest. Type a 1 next to the move. Update list, and job is done. Beerfest is now the next movie on the list and all others have moved down one!