Friday, February 02, 2007

Looking for sympathy

Well folks, Sandi has fallen off the deep end. She called me a few weeks ago and asked if I wanted to do a run with her in Clinton IA. Of course being her FAVORITE BROTHER I said yes. Well it's this weekend, For casted high 70 minus66, windchill 70 minus 87. I bought a heater to for my pants to keep my pipes from freezing I hope that's enough. If I'm forced to I may have to do a few shots to get some antifreeze in the old system before the run. We have the same prediction for Sunday when I'm supposed to do my 8 mile run, Sixpack Chopra please send me the will and the strength to endure all this and let me come through with no or at least very little frostbite.
My report for this week, I've lost a total of 63lbs in 10 months, with the help of diet and exercise. Two months ago I stopped drinking caffeine and last Thursday I quit chewing. The only thing I have left is "The cause of and solution to all of life's problems, ALCOHOL". So in true Drunk Runners fashion, I have vowed to wash down the dust of each race with a beer, what this means is I'm done giving up things in my life, I'm just going to cruise for a while.
Please pray to Sixpack for Sandi and Forest, pray for warmth and speed to get done quicker.

Run 7 miles

Time 77 min 5sec

Pace 11min 1sec

5 comments:

Sixpack Chopra said...

First, I can't believe you thought it was a great idea to do a race in IA in January. Second, I can't even comprehend 70 minus 85 degrees. That's freezing. But Julie is bracing for, having interviewed at Duluth, the cold.

Good luck to both of you. Sandi and Forest, you have my blessing and support. I'll be rooting for you every fucking freezing inch of the way!

Sixpack Chopra said...

Favorite Brother?!?! More like CLOSEST BROTHER.

Sandi F. Patti said...

I think one of the 10 commandments of the Drunk Runners should be: Thou shalt not vie for placement in your sister's life!! I only hang with the two of you cause you make my world happy! You guys crack me up. I'll really be cracking tomorrow when my frozen ass falls to the ground after 4 miles. I may run my first race in an attempt to stay warm. Can't wait to post after this one!!

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

In addition to my trip to Duluth, I was also recently been in Grinnell, IA and walked a total of one block in 70 minus 90 degrees - WEAR EAR WARMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am no deity, but that is the best spiritual advice I have to offer. I feel your pain, I truly do! Good luck and I hope you keep your noses;)

Sandi F. Patti said...

I see you got the quote back with this one!! Good Job!!