Sunday, October 08, 2006

Marathon is Over. Reports Tomorrow.

I finished. It was slow and painful, but I remained within my third goal, barely (4:54:something_. I just had to check the time online, because I turned my watch off with 5k left in order to bolster morale.
I'll write more tomorrow, but right now I'm just trying to hydrate and get over the chills. Pizza should do the trick.
I couldn't have done this without your support, your posts, and your phone calls. My fellow drunk runners/hayes street haters have seen me get teary eyed about our friendship before, and I'm getting a little misty now, so I'm going to just leave this here until tomorrow and sit back and enjoy the view from the other side.

3 comments:

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I checked the website and only saw your time at the halfway marker. I was concerned, but YEAH!!!! YEAH!!!! YEAH!!!! I am really proud of you. I guess it is my turn, isn't it?

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

Oh by the way, which couple of kilometers belonged to Don and me. You can tell!

Sixpack Chopra said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I checked your time yesterday morning!! You did great man! A finish, is a finish is a finish. As Rob reminds me of everytime I mention a marathon, "I still can't get over the fact that the first guy died." You didn't die! You've got that in your favor. You beat that punk ass greek and his lofty ideals.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!