Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Look Over Your Shoulders, Ladies!

Well Mary and Nancy, don't count me out yet! I'm approaching fast behind you (ok, well probably not that fast, but I'm getting there. Not quite as fast as the crazy hill runner - by the way, Don, you are now officially a "ridge runner." Te he he.

I know, today's little five miles pales in comparison to the glow of Don's amazing week (which I am totally jealous of! - don't forget to head back out to Nimitz!!!!), but as I said, I am getting there. I guess I am most excited, because I had planned to only run 4 miles. I have been trying to increase my distance by a 1/2 mile every run. (I don't buy into those tried and true running plans that work successfully for 99.99% of the population. Nope, I like some good ol' fashion "ignant" running.) Around 1.5 mi I decided to see if I could make it to 4. Then at around 3 mi. I decided I would see if I couldn't do 4.5, and when I got to 4.5 I thought to myself, what is another 0.5, really? Of course, the pace wasn't anything to brag about, and had I run faster I probably wouldn't have managed the 5, but all in good time, my Pretties.

I think it's back in my blood! I could not, for the life of me, fall asleep last night. I am either suffering from "Restless Leg Syndrome" (Don, you have to have seen those commercials! Can you believe it is a really an illness???) or my legs were pissed at me for not having run yesterday. Well, I am sure my legs and I will rest well tonight. I hope to be logging more weekly miles in the near future.

Distance: 5mi
Time: 48.45
Overall Impression: Felt So Good I Wanna Do It Again! (FSGIWDIA!)

4 comments:

Sixpack Chopra said...

Rock On!!! (remember the version sung by Michael Damian? He was singing for you!!!!)
That's awesome!! Sorry to hear about the rain. At least it means things might be cooling off. I don't know why I'm obsessed with you being able to go outside. I guess I was thoroughly non-plussed by being in houston at 4 a.m. and it was 80 degrees outside. I'm so sorry, Julie. Hope you get a job at Stanford.

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

me too! i thought the rain would have cooled things down, but alas... 84 degrees with 95% humidity. a post doc at standfurd would be nice ;) oh wait, what about seeba's position. how would you like being in one of my seminars? ha ha ha! fagettaboutit.

Sixpack Chopra said...

Well, there is Seeba's position. That would be awesome. Although a little awkward writing a paper for you. I mean everytime a horse or a cowboy got mentioned you would be sure I was just thinking about Dayton.

:-)

dr. deetschei said...

Way to log the miles. Nothing breaks down the stress of job searches like running. It probably even beats mojitos in terms of unwinding. Maybe. Speaking of which, there's a place down the street with 2.50 mojitos, which absolutely knock your socks off. Literally. Mine are still at the bar.