Tuesday, October 17, 2006

2 Encouraging Miles!

Today's Run:

Distance: 2 Miles
Time: This is a week without watches (W.W.W.)
Overall Impression: Great! Recovery is Coming Along (G!RICA)

Tonight's run was a good one. I left my watch at home intentionally, deciding instead to focus on forcing myself to slow down. I figure I ran ten minute miles, but don't really care. I found a series of stretches for the IT band that, incidentally, I used to do in both football and gymnastics all the time anyway. Apparently coach wasn't a drunk idiot after all.
I think the problems that erupted on Friday were directly attributable to the fact that I was trying to break a land speed record only five days after the marathon, when land speed records clearly should be reserved for the sixth day. Then again, the pain didn't really kick in until after two miles anyway, so perhaps it has to do with distance as well. I'll tell you what...
I'm going to run 3 miles tomorrow with the same "no watch" policy, and let you know how it goes. If my leg breaks in two, then I owe you a Coke.

2 comments:

Sixpack Chopra said...

Awesome!! Two whole miles. That's simply amazing.

Glad to hear the leg is better. Sounds like you just need some rest.

Take it easy and enjoy the time off.

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

your coach was probably drunk but liked watching you gymnasts stretch up there on ol' Brokeback.