Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Week 3 of 40

Yeah, I know. It's a boring title, but it's kind of motivating for me. I'm on quite a roll right now. I can't remember the last time I made 3 1/2 weeks of training runs uninterrupted. It's been great. I'm doing great. I'm feeling great.
Can't complain. I've added a few exercises to my normal run preparations. In addition to some ab work, which is doing good things, I've also added some calf work which my PT recommended the last time I was complaining of ankle pain. So, I do those exercises every time I'm headed out for a run, and I really do think it's helping. I haven't had ankle issues in over a week despite the fact that mileage is increasing every week.
This week was 9 miles. Quite a jump up from the 7 miles the week before, and it left me quite exhausted. Monday was a long day of stair climbing. Quads and Hams were sore and the calves were not much better. It felt amazing!!!
Running 4 miles on Sunday was quite a milestone. I was tempted to walk some, but didn't. I ran the whole thing. As Deetschei put it on the phone the other day, "Remember when running 5 miles was just a warmup?" It's tough to think back to those days, but I'll get there. Slowly but surely.
This weekend: London, the Thames, Warm English Beer, and Two Runs. I can't wait. It's a 10 mile week and I'll be with Deetschei for 8 of them.

Week in Review:
Miles: 9
Time: 56:21
Average: 9:35
Overall Impression: Neither Snow Nor Sleet Nor Drunken Night Will Keep Me From My Run! (NSNSNDNWKMFMR)

No comments: