Monday, November 10, 2008

Forest is done now!!

Hello fellow drunk runners, 

I have been back to reading the blog again as I have a lot of spare time again with yet another rotator cuff repair. I did this one as early as possible so I was healed in time to start training for my 3rd marathon. My motivation has been really low the last year really and while out on a run which is where all my great ideas come from, I figured out why. Like forest once I finally worked through my issues with women (really just the one......no man can figure out women as a whole) I just sort of said I'm done now and walked home. But that is not what I want to do, I really like ............LOVE running so I have decided to change my name to.................. wait for it.................. Clyde S. Dale, which is perfect for me. I will probably always run like I'm pulling a wagon full of beer ( but lets say NGB's Road Slush instead of Bud) but at least I'll be running. 
I will start training for Madison really slow, for now all I can do is walk so walk is what I will do. Tomorrow I will get up and go for a 2 mile walk and build up until I'm okayed to run again. My motivation is Madison coming up and the fact that I lost my standings as a Drunk Runner and that my friends that is not an option. I started all this as a Drunk Runner and will always be a Drunk Runner, that and all 3 of you going back out and giving it hell helped. Oh yah and that if I don't get back out now while the temperature is dropping I know I'll never go out and start in January when It's below Zero. I would like to wish Six Pack luck with his 1st marathon training in a cold climate, You know I swore I wasn't going to laugh while I typed that but it's impossible not to. Good luck to all, I'll be posting and responding to posts to help keep the motivation going. It's good to be back and I look forward to all the posts from everyone again. Now PLEASE  re adjust the number to 4 Drunk Runners and drink on runners drink ooooon!

3 comments:

Sixpack Chopra said...

Welcome back, Clyde. We're all looking forward to hearing how your training goes.
It's too bad I'll miss the Madison Marathon, but you'll hopefully provide a time for me to beat. Nothing better than sibling rivalry.

dr. deetschei said...

welcome back clyde! i'm looking forward to hearing about the training. the new marathon goal is at least 4:08, but i'm sure you can break four hours if you keep at it!

Clyde S. Dale said...

my goal is put up a time Six Pack won't touch. lol