Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The progress of a stumbler!

Well folks it was a rough start! I went out for a 2 mile walk last Tuesday or so, but that was the last one. I have got an infection in my shoulder (well ....... had) and it has been really tender.  I can't seem to find my motivation, it's hid worse than my balance on a good night of drinking! In time I'm sure I will find it again, I just wish I hadn't lost it. I never thought I would say this but I wish Sybil would come back, I could really use her right now to push and annoy the living day lights out of me.

On saturday I went out and bought an elliptical to use, hoping this will allow me to keep my cardio and the muscles I use for running in shape. I tried it yesterday and it was weird  only being able to swing one arm, I felt like a fish out of water, a one winged plane, a one legged man in a butt kicking contest.I was able to do it but it never felt right. I only went five minutes though, today I will go for 20 and work up from their, I want to be at an hour and a half by the time I can go outside and run. Which will coincidentally be about the time Six Pack will be back in the states. So other than the elliptical I will still be going outside for walks to keep acclimated with the weather. Keep up with the running and the posts, it helps to get my now fat a$$ moving again! So happy running and drink on.

1 comment:

dr. deetschei said...

keep it up, clyde. you just have to be disciplined and do whatever you can to stay fit. find a good plan and stick to it. then glory awaits!