Friday, November 21, 2008

The Trials! The Fibrulations!

Well, it snowed today! Yes, folks. Sixpack had to run in the snow for the first time in a very long time. Wait. I don't think Sixpack has ever run in the snow. He wasn't a runner when he moved to California. F@#$%^& Hell! This makes today a Banner Day!
When I awoke it was snowing. Not hard, but those great big flakes that are fantastic for snowballs. I decided to wait it out and see if it was going to continue or stop. It stopped. At 1 p.m. I went out for my 3 mile run. It was freezing! Literally. (I can finally say that.) I don't have a hat yet, but I will be getting one soon. I wore my gloves, my tights, my running jacket. I was bundled up. Much of the run was pretty uneventful. There were a few puddles that were not fun to deal with, but I managed.
Getting home I was absolutely exhausted. My quads have been heavy since the run. Living on the fourth floor doesn't help. I'm hoping that just means it was a good workout. I feel great otherwise. And especially proud that I didn't let a little bit of snow get in the way of completing one of my runs. So far, I'm on a three week streak, and I'm loving it. Feeling fitter every week, and my ankle seems to be getting stronger. Wish me luck for the 4 miles on Sunday. Ugh!!

3 comments:

dr. deetschei said...

YES YES and YES. way to run when the elements are against you. and way to stick to the plan no matter what. you should feel fitter and stronger, because you are getting FITTER and STRONGER

Clyde S. Dale said...

Just a little advice, Brooks makes a shoe that is lightly insulated, It is a light stability, same as your last pair just in a trail version and they have another one that is more of a neutral shoe (which you are), it has a new posting that will give you support for trail running yet is still considered neutral and is water resistant but not proof. Soloman makes a trail runner that is a medium to high stability with a gortex outer shell, 100% water proof. The prices are 85 -125 as I wrote them. If you only used the high stability for bad weather(cold, snow, slush) you will be fine, even if you wear them for a few months it wouldn't effect you all that much. I can't think of the names of the style of shoe right off hand but I'll get them if you'd like. Happy cold weather running, keep it up.

Sixpack Chopra said...

Jesus! First he wants to beat me at every turn. Now he's trying to sell me shoes!!! LOL.
Thanks for the info. I'll probably need to pick up a pair when I'm home. After all, December is just the beginning of Winter in Berlin.