Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Never group run with your family!

If you do your sure to find out how much they like you. Saturday morning started out bad, I over slept. When I awoke I called Scotty and Not such angel Angel to let them know to take off with out me, they insisted they would waite, so I jumped in my truck and drove the 55 minute down to flat land to meet them. We took off and at first things were good, then Angel started to pull away ( I haven't been doing all my running, actually I've been really shorting myself so I'm out of shape) and I was pulling away from Scotty. Like a good group runner I slowed to make sure Scotty or Scooter was OK. Angel well she never looked back. Scooter was warn out so I gave him some magical sport beans and my magic water and set off to catch Angel. I had her in my sight but could never catch her. Did I mention I was in a strange place and wasn't sure of the route, well I wasn't. I had a car pull out in front of me and in that time I lost sight of Angel, I had an Idea of where to go and thought if I headed back towards a road I was just on I would find Scooter. Sure nice thought, I went to a road I had passed because I remembered Scooter and the Devil talking about the hill on it we had to climb. After a few miles I noticed a subdivision that looked familiar so I turned on it and kept running, did I mention we were supposed to be running 9 miles. I found out that the subdivision roads and houses were put in by a blind man. The roads were every where and all the houses look alike. I ran in the subdivision for about 45 min. before I found Scooters house again and I wasn't sure it was his because my truck was not in front of it.
I was going down to run with loved ones we were to do 9 and then I was going to go home and run my last 3 to get my 12 in, as it turns out I got my 12+ in and Scooter and not such an Angel got a good laugh.

Miles 12

Time about 135 min.

Pace I had a good conversation with a very cold and slow moving snail.

2 comments:

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

Hey there Stranger, glad to hear you are back out on the road - albeit I don't envy your run. Keep posting!

Sixpack Chopra said...

It sounds so much nicer here than it did on the phone. Great run, though!
Glad to see someone is keeping Scooter and Kojac running.