Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The whiner is still whining

Two weeks ago I woke up to do a 10 mile run and decided to postpone it due to rain and a mild hangover. When I awoke 2 hours later I had the flu. I don't know what happened in those two hours, but it was FUBAR! Now, two weeks and two days later, I'm still clearing out my lungs and sinuses. I put on 5 pounds and I'm sure I've lost a little fitness. I've also developed a little bit of an acid issue. I don't know how it starts or how it ends, but I've had it before. Just imagine a stomach ache that increases and encourages you to eat. Then you eat, and instead of getting better it gets worse. Needless to say, until I'm over it it will help me lose those 5 pounds.  :-)


Whining is now complete. I'm scheduled for 2 miles tomorrow and will do them! It's going to be nice getting back on the road, which we didn't do this weekend because Dr. PP was hungover and DJ was sick. I, on the other hand was the epitome of fitness and sobriety!

2 comments:

Sixpack Chopra said...

Hey, I tell it like I see it. Each man's perception is his reality!!!!

I went running today, two whole miles. It was still a snotty mess, but it felt so good to be out on the road!!!!

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

Yeah, those two whole miles sure feel a lot more agonizing when they occur between 16 and 18. I know you and Deetschei tried to prepare me, but you failed miserably. All I can say today is "Oooooooooouch!" I'll blog about it soon. Glad you are back on the road, snot and all ;)