Thursday, June 21, 2007

Woe is Us!

Well, the Backman boys are on the sidelines at least for the short term. I'm pissed, but I too am having back pain. Can anyone say genetics? It started at the beginning of summer camp. Yes, I was a cabin leader, i.e. role model, and was the only guy in the cabin that had to have someone else lift his camper. With shooting pains down the back of my right leg, and constant pain in the right hip, I couldn't take the chance that I might injure something further. Add the pain to an insane schedule. In the span of 6 days I was able to take two 20-minute naps, and aside from a few moments snatched between 11:30 p.m. and lights out at 12 a.m. this amounted to my free-time for the week. needless to say there was no running. I wasn't sure how far or well I would run on 5 hours sleep anyway, so it's probably just as well.
Keep adding. I also manage to run my left leg into a wheel chair while playing Baseball on Thursday, leaving me with a cut on my ankle that I have to at least treat kindly, if not gingerly. This means I'm out through at least the weekend. I'll try to get back running on Monday, after the anti-inflammatories kick in and the ankle heals.
It did earn me another referral to physical therapy. Jesus, I just finished the last round. Is someone/something trying to tell me something? I mean, I have I brought down upon me the wrath of some deity? I mean, really! WTF?

1 comment:

dr. deetschei said...

You know, the Backman Boys haven't been the same since JT left... Maybe thats where all the injuries are coming from. You need to summon your inner Timberlake!