Friday, June 08, 2007

Lost Luggage. Be Told!!!

Yes, it's happened again. First Amie, now me. I had a really tight connection in Denver. In fact, I took my time getting off the plane and didn't dawdle, but was in no hurry to get to my gate. When I got to the gate, I realized I had forgotten to account for a one hour time change, which meant that my boarding started as soon as I got to the gate. Whereas I can cross the airport in 10 minutes, it seems that my bags couldn't. The last report I received was that my bags were in Chicago and that they are looking for them.

This means no shoes, no undies - Can you say Commando Vacation? - no running gear and no toiletries. Should be an interesting day or two hear. I dread the thought that camp would start without my bags.

I hope this doesn't happen to you!

2 comments:

dr. deetschei said...

aha, you start the smack talk in earnest, then you back off when you conveniently "lose" your shoes in "chicago"...the lie is most evident by the fact you clearly made that place up.
i shall now go into full-on "bezerker runner" mode. see you in the next time zone!

Sixpack Chopra said...

Totally nailed. I made the story up just so I wouldn't feel guilty about not running in windy 90 degree weather with a threat of tornadoes (God, I love Wisconsin) and on 3 hours sleep. Chicago? Windy City? What? It's a total lie.

Seriously, the bags are here!!!!! But I will miss one run because of the craziness of Summer Camp. This is your chance to pull ahead DJ!